Welcome to our Creative Writing class website!
Creative Writing is a one-trimester elective course in which students explore the craft of creative writing. This class is designed to help students develop and strengthen their writing skills, understand the art of writing, explore different genres of writing, and learn about how successful writers achieve their writing goals. Please visit our blog section to explore topics of interest, and join our conversations about all things creative writing. Thank you for visiting!
- Develop consistent writing habits
- Gain exposure to varied types of writing
- Understand and apply critique techniques
- Analyze the elements and structures of literary non-fiction, short fiction, poetry, and journalism
- Apply craft and techniques of famous writers to their own writing
- Practice revising and editing
- Prepare writing pieces for final publication